Tuesday 23 September 2014

Velvet porridge

I took a trip down Memory Lane with this velvet porridge. This was my favourite when i was little. I used to ask my mom to make it for me because i didn't know how to make it myself. This was actually the first time i tried, but it was pretty good.

Velvet porridge is a strange porridge because it doesn't contain any grains or seeds. Here's what you need:

Velvet Porridge (serves 2)

A big knob of butter (about 40 g)
2 tbsp wheat flour
3 dl milk
1 egg
Pinch of salt

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour. Add the milk little by little, whisking in between. Throw in the salt. Let it cook for a few minutes until it gets thick, whisking every now and then. Take it off the heat and add the egg, immediately whisking it into the mix. Eat with some sugar on top, or fresh berries. We had it with some fresh plums, picked from the neighbour's tree (with permission).



I picked quite a lot of the plums. See what else i made, on my personal blog (in swedish).

No comments:

Post a Comment